Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Plans


I've always loved fashion. I loved retail. But thought that I would be smart in planning and make a "real" career in photography, not clothing. That flopped. I realized how much I missed clothing retail. I decided thats what I want to do...

I was 20 when Josiah and I got married. We had a 5 year plan. We would continue college and start our careers to make money and buy a house. Then we would start a family. Well to our surprise (since it was not in the plan) we had a positive pregnancy test a few months into the marriage. Now what? School was put on hold. We stayed at our little cabin in the woods. I slept most of the pregnancy and since I was huge in the summer...fashion was not a top priority!

Once I had my daughter, Faith, I was stuck wearing t shirts and jeans all the time. She was a spit-up baby. And she pulled and pulled on everything I wore. I thought, "I will never be able to be fashionable again!" So my dream and plan of fashion flopped. I guess I was doomed for the "mom look" I dreaded.

A few years later, and another child later I found myself. Yup, there I was. I decided to go back to work. I have now figured out that it is fashion that I love and want to pursue. So I am!

Is it possible to have everything you want? No. But it is possible to have your dreams come true. I am in the process of making that work. It isn't easy and it isn't how I planned it. But its what I have and I love it. Its what I am given and I will give it my best as long as I have it.

I have a wonderful and supportive family. I have a job that I am in love with! I get to escape from motherhood long enough to get my fashion fix and then come home and be OK with the kids getting food and snot on my clothes (mainly because I use OXY). :)

So, follow me on this journey as I learn how to blend my favorite things and make my dreams come true. Not according to my plans...but His.



1 comment: