Thursday, October 7, 2010

Is it borrowable?

If I were my friend, would I borrow my stuff?

I looked down at my bracelet today and thought...'I really like that, if it were mine, I'd wear it all the time. Its so not me that its me!' Luckily, it was mine. A friend brought it back from over seas as a gift. Not something I would've picked out but I LOVE it!!

Got me thinking. The other day another friend of mine was reading in a magazine, "Would I be friends with me?" It asked questions like, "Would I meet up for coffee in the rain with me?"
So, when I looked at my stuff I thought, "Would I borrow from me? Is what's in my closet stuff I would borrow if it were my friend's?"

Its fun to borrow things from other people because it switches things up. But what if we thought that way when we purchased? When I see something in the store...do I really like it? If it were in my friend's closet would I want to borrow it?

I looked at my closet and thought, "Eh, I wouldn't borrow this....but I would soooo borrow that!" Its just a fun way to take a spin on what you are constantly buying. I always fall for the silk tanks. I don't know why. They are not flattering on me and I always put it back in the closet after attempting to wear it for the day. (well, night.) So, if my friend owned it, would I want to borrow it? Probably not...and in this case I wouldn't LOVE to borrow it, I would for an occasion that it was necessary for...that's it.

So, then think of your clothes in the way of, if I were my friend would I borrow it? It will either give you a new appreciation for your clothes or you might realize you didn't absolutely need that thing you thought you couldn't live without when at the store.


2 comments:

  1. I totally would not borrow anything from my closet! It would be like digging through a pile at goodwill where you buy things by the bag full. haha! Someday I will have the money to really go shopping (which I will insist that you come with me for the professional advice) and will be able to buy some really great clothes! After I lose a few pounds first though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chantal, I will never forget your comment one JOY morning when you said, "I'm eatin' it! I'm in my child-bearing years afterall!" I loved it! And I would love to go shopping with you. And I am sure you can come up with some really awesome outfits from your good-will closet :) You always looked pulled together to me!

    ReplyDelete