Sunday, December 12, 2010

Breakthrough!

I had a breakthrough! I had a Christmas party to go to. I found the most amazing shirt that would've been perfect! But I couldn't spend the money. My husband said I could buy it but that it would count as one of my presents. Funny, when it came down to that it wasn't so perfect anymore. I mean it was, but it wasn't worth taking the place of a Christmas present. Weird, huh?

I bought a shirt last year for the holiday time and didn't get to wear it for the holidays. I thought, you know what, I could wear it this year. Even though it was so "last year" it still worked. I forgot how much I liked it. (Couldn't live without it when I went to buy it last year...) I almost bought a scarf to wear to the party (it was cheaper than the new shirt) but still not worth taking the place of a Christmas present. So, I actually worked with what I had. (And a gorgeous bracelet borrowed from a friend)

So, I can use what I have. I don't have to buy something new. It felt really good to use what I have. I think I made my "last year" shirt feel good about itself. And that made me proud.

This is a huge step for me. And it was freeing. As much as I love being in style and a little out there with fashion, it was freeing to know that I can still be just as cool wearing something old(ish).

1 comment: