Saturday, April 23, 2011

Brights


This is an outfit I put together the other day for work. It had been a long day and while I was trying to get ready the kids were following me, whining and very clingy. Its very hard to get ready when they are like that. I didn't pay too much attention to what I threw together. I liked the colors. The lighting is not so good in this shot but hopefully you can tell they are all bright colors. No where in the cardigan is there teal. But my teal shirt seemed to compliment the warmer colors, hence the combo.

I felt fine when walking out the door. When I got to work everyone had some sort of striped outfit. They all seemed to get some memo that I missed. Everyone seemed to have outfits that flowed. I felt a little left out and "last year". I told a girl at work that I wanted to run to the dressing room and change and she said, "Really? I was just about to compliment you...I love what you're wearing."

Another friend confessed, "Why does it always have to be one or the other? If she looks good, I can't. You know that feeling of always having to be the one that looks good? Why can't we both look good?"

I loved that thought. Yeah, why can't we share that? So, just because I thought the other girls looked better didn't mean I looked bad...just not the same.

In the end, this outfit works. It was a nice pop of color during such a cold and rainy week.


No comments:

Post a Comment