Tuesday, June 22, 2010

When Jeans and a Tee are ok...

I've been watching two kids in addition to mine for the past week and for the rest of this week. We've been going to the playground a lot and its been in the 90s. As I was getting dressed this morning I realized I was putting on jeans and a t-shirt!! I stopped and thought...."am I really back to this?!" Then with confidence I replied (to myself), "yes, I am and its ok!"

I had two shirt options today. A tight black short sleeve v-neck and an Aero tee (I think I took from my husband). I looked at them both and thought about it. I grabbed the t-shirt and threw it on. It would be cooler and I won't care if its messy. I also won't have to worry about it riding up the back when I'm pushing the kids on the tire swing.

However, I didn't go overboard. For my jeans I chose super cute rolled up bermuda denim. I kept it looking pulled together for a mom with four kids on the hot, hot playground. If you're going to do a "mom" look, make sure part of it is still stylish. Like the other day when I wore gym shorts...I paired it with a fitted Red Sox tee. I didn't want to look like I just rolled out of bed either time.

Accomplished! And I had much more fun with the kids because I didn't have to worry about what I looked like and if it was getting dirty. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment