Thursday, August 12, 2010

Girls Weekend Discoveries

So here is a picture of two new purchases. My new necklace- I kept my eye open for the right long, multiple strand necklace and found one I really liked. The denim is new too. That is also something I have been trying to find...a perfect pair of confidence jeans that will go from day to night. I could not believe I finally found them!! Well worth the wait.

The tops were picked out by a personal shopper last fall. I put them all together and it felt like a brand new outfit. I felt I didn't have to question my choice at all. It felt really good to only worry about what I needed to do at work and not what I was wearing. I was able to focus on the customers and my responsibilities. I felt confident in my sales since I looked the part. I was able to have some really big sales...maybe not only because of my outfit choice but when it enables me to be confident then my sales do go up.

My sister who went on this girls weekend also purchased great finds. She learned a lot. We picked out two shirts. The first one she tried was unbelievable! Stunning! But it was more expensive. The second she tried on was flattering and on sale. This is when we need to really focus. We thought about it. There was something off about the second one. I didn't really want to crush her since she felt really good in it. But it had to be said...I didn't want her to buy it and only wear it once...if that. So, I explained how it was too young for her. It was something she would've bought a few years ago. Now that she is moving up in her professional life and being in a new decade category, she couldn't buy something for a 20 something. She needed to start dressing like she's in her 30s. After agreeing it was not right we still had the hefty price tag on the first one.
My suggestion was this: keep shopping. By the end of the day we did not find anything that came close to it. So instead of her spending a lot of money on sale shirts that were OK, she went back and bought the one expensive one.

Why it was worth the money:

*She will actually wear it
*She will feel confident in it
*It can be worn with plenty of styles and colors

Lessons learned:

*Don't buy out of your age group
*Don't buy sale just because its cheaper
*Wait and really think about it to make a wise decision

I found two tops when putting my denim outfit together. Just what I was looking for and looked awesome! BUT, full price. So I walked around the mall and even though I didn't find anything better I realized I didn't need them since they were a little summery. And being full priced I knew I could always go back to get them another time if I really wanted them. But after sleeping on it...I'll wait till they are on sale and if my size isn't there, I'm OK with not owning them. Those are just some things to weigh out.

So, there is one dilemma with two different outcomes. And we are both happy with our decisions!


2 comments: