Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mom Fashion

Theres nothing more relaxing than someone doing your hair. Even if its two little munchkins. They did a great job didn't they? I wanted to post a quick one about Mom fashion. I'm not talking "mom jeans" or oversized sweatshirts with your hair a mess and bags under your eyes (though I have that, too). I'm talking about boosting your kids confidence and self-esteem. One day Faith made me a necklace. Huge, bright, kid beads around my neck. And of course it was a little too small so it was a choker. She told me she made it for me to wear to church. She was so proud of it and I was so happy she took the time and thought about what I liked and put so much effort into it. So, I wore it to church. Sure, I got a few looks and they probably weren't bad looks. But knowing how it made my daughter feel was priceless. She walked in and told everyone that she made it.

So, with this beautiful hair-do, if you had the same would you wear it to the grocery store? The mall? Its important to know that if they make something for you or do your hair- wear it with pride. They made it with pride.

Of course there are always exceptions here. But its just something to think about. Enjoy their creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment