Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Is it worth the extra money?

An update on a recent post about shopping sales...

I have found its not working for me. I don't end up loving the stuff I buy and its harder to put things together when you are only buying pieces. I end up with a bunch of stuff and I am not confident. It doesn't work so well when you just see something and say, "oh that's cute..." Ok sure but then what do you do with it?

Helpful hint: Check out what mannequins and bust forms are wearing- note that you love that outfit the store has put together. Once it goes on sale you know you have an outfit you love.

Try a personal shopper:
I have used a store's personal shopper and even if I paid a little more than if it was on a final sale, I do love it more than all the sale things I buy. I know I have a great outfit and if it goes with other things great as well. But to know you have a complete outfit makes getting ready so much faster and less stressful. That's worth the money to me (and to my family!)
Also, grab a couple sale items you like and ask for their assistance in making something work with what you are willing to spend. (Be realistic!) They may pull some full priced items too, but thats ok because if it can work with your sale item you are still spending less than if you bought all full priced, for an outfit that works.

They are such helpful tools in your shopping. Have you ever shopped for a wedding dress or been with someone that has? Have you ever noticed that what the bride picks out isn't always what they end up loving? That more often than not what someone else picks (something they would've never thought they'd like) they end up loving? Some cases it ends up being their dress! The same applies to everyday clothing. Let someone help you...not only will they encourage what they can see you in but to have a professional say, YES it looks great! will ring in your head when you may not be so sure at home.



No comments:

Post a Comment