Wednesday, January 5, 2011

daughter of a King


I was watching a movie yesterday about a princess. She was sweet and kind and carried herself with such poise. She was confident. She was beautiful and accepted it. She didn't flaunt it or brag about it. She just lived it. She saw the best in other people and told them so.

What is it about a princess that us girls long to have? Why don't we have it? What prevents us from being that princess?

I looked at myself in the mirror after the movie. I asked myself, "If I were actually a princess, would I see myself as beautiful?" I pulled my hair back to look like a princess would and I stood tall like one. I answered myself, "Yes, I would make a beautiful princess." Then I remembered...I am a princess. I am the daughter of a king. The King.*

I should stand tall and be confident in that. Confidence is hard to come by. But I do believe that is what makes a woman so beautiful.

I think the world could use a few princesses.

*Romans 8:17
Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

*Galatians 3:29
If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

*Galatians 4:7
So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Thanks for the reminder! AND it goes perfectly with devotions I did this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You are a beautiful princess who makes those around her more beautiful.

    ReplyDelete